Friday, April 27, 2007

$100 laptop

I found a very nice project.

'$100 laptop' to cost $175

It is called "$100 laptop" project, and it is planed to give inexpensive computers to schoolchildren in developing countries. It sounds very reasonable price.

The machine for now costs $175, and it will be able to run Windows in addition to its homegrown, open-source interface. I think it is very good deal.

I hope that the price of machine can be “$100” near future, yet it seems very hard. Maybe this project will be great for not only school children in developing countries, but also people who have never been interested in computers, such as old people or very young children, too.

2 comments:

htmstudent2007 said...

This is really great. And besides, Mircosoft makes so much money that they should finds ways to give back. And I am sure they do give a lot more than I realize, I'm just glad that other children in developing countries will be able to experience some of the same opportunities that we're so lucky to have.

AKI said...

Yes. I think that Microsoft can even make money if the project goes well because this project would be a key to expand technology system in developing conutries. I believe that this project the best investment for Microsoft.