Sunday, April 29, 2007

E-books, not a good idea.

I always wondered why authors didn’t post there writings online and allow people to download them for a cost. I always wanted to be able to download a work and read it off of my laptop. This new idea of e-books I do not think is that great though. I would not want to purchase an expensive hardware device only to then have to buy software that is the book, when the hardware is the size and weight of a book, but more expensive. I would rather just buy the book. If the e-books have no real advantage over actual books (cost or ease of use) then what is the point? Just like the article says, e-books are bound to fail.

http://www.computerworld.com/action/article.do?command=viewArticleBasic&articleId=9017934&pageNumber=2

1 comment:

SurfPup said...

Yep, just give me a good old book.

Surfpup