Wednesday, April 25, 2007

On Movies and Technology?

I don't know about you guys, but I enjoy a good movie now and then. I don't like horror flicks, I prefer either a good comedy, or a drama. Occasionally, I'll even treat myself to an Action movie- 300 was awesome!

With the increasing speeds of the Internet and further development of digital technology more movies are being rented or purchased from online. These days you don't need a hard copy of the movies you purchase either. Movies purchased on iTunes can be stored on your computers hard drive and viewed either on your computer, or on you television using Apple TV. You can check out the website for all the technical information, or watch the Keynote by Steve Jobs. He goes into detail about how Apple TV and other Apple products work. (Skip ahead until you get to about 12 minutes into the keynote).

I also did a quick search on the Internet for new movies out in theatres. I found a pretty interactive trailer for a movie called, Fracture, starring Anthony Hopkins and Ryan Gosling. In order to watch the entire movie trailer you have to click on certain clues. The movie looks pretty good. Finding all the clues on the trailer made me want to go watch this movie more. I wonder if I want to see it more because of the interactive trailer, or because the movie actually seemed interesting. I don't know.

Either way, I am constantly impressed with the development of technology and how it allows us to view movies online, and purchase them on our home computers.

Uncle Shanky.

No comments: