Sunday, April 29, 2007

New cheating device

Teachers are finally starting to learn about how cheaters think. Just recently at Mountain View High School they banned all kinds of media devices. They found kids hiding an ear bud and ipod telling them answers and formulas. You might be thinking that this is difficult to do, but i know for a fact that kids did it in my music class i took less than a year ago. We would get tested on music we were supposed to listen to in our own time. Kids would load up the songs into their ipod, and have all the information they needed to match the song with the answer. Cheating is growing to a whole new level, and it is up to teachers to keep their eyes open. Some teachers think that even if you do start banning things like ipods, the cheaters will just find another way to cheat.
http://www.cnn.com/2007/EDUCATION/04/27/ipod.cheating.ap/index.html

2 comments:

SurfPup said...

Cheating is right. If they aren't really learning the educational basics, they are cheating themselves. It's not like classes are SO hard that you have to cheat in order to pass. It just takes a little time and effort. There are many things competing for people's time nowaways, though.

I think parents need to take some responsibility, too, in teaching their kids to do the right thing.

Surfpup

htmstudent2007 said...

Seriously...I agree with surfpup. People who cheat really irritate me because I work really hard for my grades. I can't believe the lengths that kids these days go to, to get a decent grade. The material is not that hard and I feel that it's more about getting away with something. I have also known people that have cheated in college and there is absolutely no tolernace. How pathetic is that??