Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Celluar Carrier Loyalty

I think AT&T, after reading the article, have an excellent plan to boost new customers and keep old ones. The article I read discussed how a study was done among cellular phone customers showing that they were not that loyal to their carrier. An interesting take on this by AT&T is supporting their agreement to carry the iPhone because people are really loyal to apple and so the company hopes that offering the iPhone will indirectly increase customer loyalty to AT&T. DON’T BE FOOLED! Although the commercials say the least dropped calls, this fact may be skewed by AT&T/ Cingular being the number on carrier in the nation, it is a lie. I am a Cingular customer and am not satisfied. There is no service in my apartment and I constantly drop calls. Very frustrating; I don’t think that the emergence of the iPhone will be enough to keep me with Cingular.

http://www.computerworld.com/action/article.do?command=viewArticleBasic&articleId=9017659&pageNumber=2

1 comment:

SurfPup said...

Thanks for your feedback! I have to say that I'm pretty happy with Verizon.

Surfpup