Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Competitive Advantage

I have found it rather discombobulating to go to school and then graduate to find out the career you finished school for is not hiring at the moment. What a disaster needless to say trying to finsh school is a tough task and then having to find a job in that career is for the most part challenging. I am presently working for invitorgen I am admin assistant which is not primarily what I want to do. But the position I want is already filled, that position probably won't become available for a while unless my competitor decides to quit. Specifically, it is my goal to present unique skills and implement strategies that competitors cannot implement as effectively. I have to Understand that my competitive advantage is critical. It is the reason why I am going to school to market myself effectively. It is what I do best that draws employers to employee me instead of my competitor's. I want to deliberately make choices to be unique and different in activities that I am really, really good at and focus all my energy in those areas.
Sustaining my Advantage Over the Competition
It is not enough just to have an advantage over my competitors. For me to be great, my skills needs to weather competitive and environmental storms. I have to be able to combat today's fierce market forces and uncertainty.

1 comment:

Esteem805 said...

Your college degree is not and should not be the "be all, end all" of your career. It sounds to me like your skills expand far beyond what you are learning here. I wouldnt say that college is over rated but I feel that people put far too much stock in a piece of paper and not themselves.