Sunday, February 11, 2007

We're Lucky We Can Blog!

People between the ages of 16-24 are less likely to use e-mail as their primary from of communication with their peers. With the advent of sites such as MySpace, FaceBook, and YouTube, younger people choose to use websites as their primary source for online communication. Personally, I use all three websites in my everyday communications with friends. I also use the blog site LiveJournal.

Blog sites are used by people who form communities with the same interests and they are also used by people who enjoy telling their readers what is going on in their lives. My LiveJournal is a mixture of both. I am part of communities interested in graphic design, television shows, and the latest celebrity gossip. If you have a strong interest in something, anything, there is probably a community out there for you! I also enjoy reading my friends’ blogs because with school, work, and an internship, I usually do not have the time to catch up with friends. Reading their blogs keeps me up to date on all the big news and even little happenings at their school what whatnot.

So my point in all of this is to reiterate the fact that blogging is awesome and I’m glad we do it in this class.

No comments: