Tuesday, February 06, 2007

MIS

After reading chapter I discovered that MIS is very useful and informative. My major is service sector which is business management. MIS plays a very important component in my major. I will need MIS kknowledge to be an informed and effective consumer of information technology product and services. MIS stands for management information system. MIS helps business achieve their goals and objectives.

In order to manage effectively I need this knowledge to ask pertinent questions and to make wise decisions pertaining to the oraganization or company I decide to manange. I should have the fundamental of MIS. There are many terminologies that I need to learn to make them apart of my fabric of my business thinking. After digesting the majority of this information I found it rather useful for my organization. Technology is the key component to every office. We need telecommunication technology to run an office effectively.

Information system should meet our needs. I have found having a data base of former attendes of my conferee is very vital tool to have. I am able to keep track of all my attendes and send out brocuhures, fliers, emails and newsletters to all of my former registered guest. Information system is a must every offices needs this, theres no way getting around it. Computer system keeps an organization running smoothly and it can also be a disaster if you don't have back up information saved to an disk or CD. MIS is the link to my management skills and my major. Overall MIS is great tool to have to manage a small or enormous corperation. This componet is very vital and is great mechanism for business managment.

1 comment:

Fang said...

Good discussion. Way to go. Hopefully you feel you learn a lot of what you need. :)