Sunday, February 18, 2007

My Personal Competitive Advantage

Hey everyone,

After reading the Reflections section in Chapter 2, I think to myself, "what if that happens to me". When I graduate and go out into the workforce looking for a career in the HTM field and find nothing and 2 years later jobs open up, but now my degree isn't as current as newly graduated candidates sounds really discouraging. I hope that is not the case. I would feel like what did I go to school for. I know if I have a competitive advantage over competitors I would have an easier time finding that career.

Right now, I feel my personal competitive advantages are: I get the job done, I work hard, I'm focused on my goals, I'm a quick learner, and I love working in groups and can work by myself. I hope to gain more of the technical side of things through my HTM major.

I know there is a lot of competition out there and you need to set yourself apart from the crowd. There will always be someone better than you, but that doesn't mean you stand around and do nothing. You can always work harder to improve yourself. And that's the only way I will be able to stay in any career, especially HTM. With technology evolving so quickly, I can never stop learning. Otherwise, I will be left behind like the guy in the Reflections reading.

No comments: